Join Our Team
Global Black Gay Men Connect (GBGMC)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS : Consultancy—Project Manager, Structural Interventions Project (SIP)
We encourage applications from Black Gay, Trans, Lesbian, Women of color gender diverse and intersex people, and people of color, people from a migrant background, and sex workers and people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS
Global Black Gay Men Connect (GBGMC) is a Not for Profit organization registered and headquartered in New York State. GBGMC aims to build a global movement that engages Black Gay Men around the world, and is able to actively intervene on the multiple health-related, social, and economic challenges and hardships that Black Gay Men (BGM) and their communities commonly face globally. These challenges include but are not limited to: disproportionate impact by the global HIV pandemic, a global backlash against LGBTIQ civil and human rights advocacy; blackmail by private and public parties; other forms of unsanctioned misconduct and brutality by police and judicial systems; and other political, social, and economic challenges faced by BGM and their communities
GBGMC is seeking a consultant to be part of our Structural Interventions Project (SIP) to strengthen Black Gay Men (BGM) , and Men who have sex with men (MSM) organizations and coalitions in selected countries starting with Kenya, by implementing a proven innovative multifaceted social enterprise program to address structural barriers facing BGM and MSM in their daily lives and thus decreases their vulnerability to HIV. The consultant will work with country coalitions and advisory group to conduct a landscape analyses and take stock of the capacity and funding of BGM organizations, including social enterprise program both in country of focus and other in other places.
Increase the financial sustainability of MSM-led organizations and networks through implementation of a social enterprise programs in selected countries starting with Kenya.
The scope of work for the consultant will include but not limited to:
- Landscape analysis: Work with local advisory group to conduct Analysis to understand baseline of how MSM organizations in Kenya are organizing and to understand baseline factors that would identify barriers to address and also what opportunities social enterprise would create.
- Conduct focus group discussions with the local advisory group leading the conversations with key MSM organizations and networks in Kenya
- Analyze the results of landscape analyses and focus group discussions and develop a summery report and issue brief
- Identify five possible social enterprise programs that could be implemented in Kenya.
- B.A/Sc. in economics, finance or other related field, MBA preferred
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, ability to highlight, train and explain relevant data.
- Strong financial analysis skills, ability create financial models preferred.
- Demonstrable skills in project implementation
- Strong team player that can work cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, familiar with and able to operate in a fast-paced international and multi-cultural environment.
- Experience in developing business/investment and/or marketing plans.
- Knowledge of best practice microfinance industry standards preferred.
- General knowledge on Black Gay and LGBTQI issues and full commitment to LGBTQI people’s human rights.
Applicant can work from anywhere but Kenya based is preferable
Application Procedure: To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for you!
Voluntary opportunities are currently open in the following areas:
- Content Editor
- Admin Assistant
- Fundraising Coordinator
To Apply, please send your Resume/CV to email@example.com